Walsroder Straße 39 - 41
+49 511 72 69 10
The Culinary Art Hotel
10 things you have to do in Hanover
Hanover is known as "the trade fair city". Business travel, EXPO 2000 ... But there is much more to it than that. Did you know that Hanover is one of the greenest cities in Germany? The Eilenriede is the approximately 640 hectare urban forest and stretches from east to north.
We want to prove that Hanover is anything but boring, so we thought about some insight tips. In addition, we would like to maintain a bit of tradition and describe things that you should do in Hanover.
1. Walk through the Herrenhausen Gardens - one of the best preserved and most important
Baroque gardens in Europe
2. Learn to drink a Lütje Lage - also in our restaurant Max´es
3. Up to the town hall dome - in an inclined position with the inclined elevator to almost 100 meters. At
good weather with a view to our Hotel Wegner ;-)
4. Take part in a city tour - we will be happy to help you with the booking on site
5. Visit the Hannover Adventure Zoo and take a boat across the Zambezi -
Of course we are happy to help you with the ticket order.
6. Try what is probably the best breakfast buffet in Hanover - here in Wegner's breakfast factory.
7. Take part in the skate-by-night and have a lot of fun
8. Take a photo with a symbol of Hanover - for example the three warm brothers
9. Visit the zoo in Kirchrode
10. Walk or cycle through one of the largest city parks in Germany - the Eilenriede -
You can rent bicycles from us at Hotel Wegner.
11. Visit our beautiful opera
12. Visit typical Hanover events:
3 weeks Maschsee Festival
Visual festival with open-air cinema at the Gildepark stage
Small party in the large garden (Herrenhausen Gardens) - with variety, art and fireworks
International fireworks competition (Herrenhausen Gardens) - country battle
Dragon boat races on the Maschsee
Dancing and partying at the Opera Ball
3 days ferryman festival - music and culture festival
Historic Christmas market in the old town
Visit the world's largest shooting festival in Hanover
... and then spend the night at Hotel Wegner
13. Make the meeting point: Under the tail or at the Kröpke clock
14. Bicycle tour along the Mittelland Canal - we lend ladies' and men's bicycles to our house guests
15. Visit Max & Moritz in the Georgenpalais.
16. Drink a good "Herri" - also in our restaurant Max´es
17. Visit the three colorful Nanas "Sophie", "Caroline" and "Charlotte" on Leibnizufer and take a photo
18. Experience Afternoon Tea in Hanover - based on the British tradition here at Hotel Wegner
19. Bets on the Neue Bult racecourse in Langenhagen.
20. Stress again and again that Hanover is probably the most underrated city in Germany !!
We will gradually expand this list with new features. So it is worthwhile to visit us more often! :-)
We wish you a lot of fun exploring Hanover and a pleasant stay at the Hotel Wegner.